PFU (EMEA) LIMITED “The Data Controller” take the protection of your privacy very seriously. We will only use your personal Information for the explicit specific purpose for which it was given and not share it with anyone else who is not acting on behalf of us without your permission. Your personal information may be shared with our partners and agents “The Data Processors” for customer administration, sales, marketing and research for products and services provided by PFU (EMEA) LIMITED. Your data will be protected both physically and electronically in accordance with The General Data Protection Regulation and only retained for as long as necessary.
PFU (EMEA) LIMITED recognises the importance of the personal data by which you can be identified by, such as your name, address, or e-mail address (“Personal Data”).
In general, you can visit www.fujitsu.com/uk/products/computing/peripheral/scanners/ or any other official PFU (EMEA) Limited website without revealing any Personal Data. We track the service provider Internet address of people who visit our website and analyse this data for trends and statistics, but the tracked data does not include your Personal Data.
For specific purposes with your consent, we may collect your Personal Data to enable us to provide either the desired service or respond to a specific enquiry you may have. If you do not provide the information we require, you can still visit most of our website but you may be unable to access certain options, offers and services.
In certain instances we may enable sending / the use of “cookies” to your computer to better serve you with more tailored information concerning Service registration, please refer to the specific Terms and Condition on our Assurance Program website. Cookies are identifiers that include unique characters, but unless you input your Personal Data onto our website you cannot be identified and remain anonymous. You can set most browsers to tell you when you are sent a cookie and to refuse to receive it.
The policy below describes how we store and manage data that we collect or receive as part of doing business, including such data collected or received via our website.
When you contact us
- If you contact us via email, telephone, or submit an enquiry via one of our forms on either www.fujitsu.com/uk/products/computing/peripheral/scanners/ or any other official PFU (EMEA) Limited websites, your details and a history of the communication will be stored by us in order for us to deal with your enquiries adequately and improve our customer support services. We store the data for the period necessary to fulfil either the purchase contract terms, enquiry request or the service provisions as well as legal obligations or upon your request.
When you submit your details
- Your information will be stored confidentially and securely either by us or by selected third party data centres and will only used by PFU (EMEA) Limited pre-authorised personnel in order to provide you with access to our products, services and information that we believe will interest you.
- PFU (EMEA) Limited may also use information about our users in statistical aggregate form. This is non personal information but simply refers to information such as number of registrations, traffic patterns and site user trends to help us improve the usability of our website.
When you access our websites
- When you access either www.fujitsu.com/uk/products/computing/peripheral/scanners/ or any other official PFU (EMEA) Limited websites, your computer automatically sends us information such as the URL you have visited, your IP address, your browser type and language, and the date and time of your request.
- If you perform a search on either www.fujitsu.com/uk/products/computing/peripheral/scanners/ or any other official PFU (EMEA) Limited websites, your searches are collected / logged and may be used internally, so as to better personalise our service to you.
- Google Analytics a web analysis service of Google Inc. (“Google”), an independent company for internet audience measurement and analysis used by PFU (EMEA) Limited, using cookies and code which is embedded in the site, to gather non-personal data on our behalf, regarding the visitors to our site. Both the cookies and the embedded code provide only non-personal statistical information about visits to pages on the site, the duration of individual page view, paths taken by visitors through the site, data on visitors’ screen settings and other general information. This type of information is used, as is that obtained from other cookies used on the site, to help improve the services to our users.
- In addition you can disable the transmission of the data about your usage of the web-site (incl. the IP-address, which the cookie produces to Google and the processing of by Google. You can do this, by download and installation of the browser plug-in, which you can find under http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
Protecting your Information
- We use a web-enabled CRM system on a secure server in a high-security data centre to protect all the information you provide us with. The data centre used may or may not be located in the EU.
- PFU (EMEA) Limited, a Fujitsu company, is a global organisation with legal entities, business processes and technical systems that cross borders. If you agree, we may share your personal information within PFU Limited group of companies / subsidiaries, other Fujitsu group companies and selected 3rd parties (business partners) for the sole purpose of providing either the service or handle your specific enquiry. However, your personal details will not be added to any third party mailing lists or databases. The data may also be transferred to countries outside of the EU.
- Where such countries provide less legal protection for your information than is standard within the EU, PFU (EMEA) Limited will ensure that our privacy practices, which are designed to provide protection for your personal information, will apply wherever we do business.
No liability for content.
PFU (EMEA) Limited websites contain links to other websites operated by third parties. PFU (EMEA) Limited strives to carefully select such websites, however does not accept any liability for any content stored on such websites nor accept any liability for such third parties to comply with applicable data protection laws. All information on our Internet websites has been carefully checked however, we cannot guarantee that it is correct, complete or up to date.
The content and design of the web pages are protected by copyright. Reproduction of the content requires written permission from PFU (EMEA) Limited
Your rights in relation to Personal Information and how to exercise these rights
Under certain circumstances you have the following rights:
- the right to ask us to provide you, or a third party, for copies of the Personal Information we hold about you at any time and to be informed of the contents and origin, verify its accuracy, or else request that such information be supplemented, updated or rectified according to the provisions of local law;
- the right to request erasure, anonymisation or blocking of your Personal Information that is processed in breach of the law;
- the right to object on legitimate grounds to the processing of your Personal Information. In certain circumstances we may not be able to stop using your Personal Information, if that is the case, we’ll let you know why
- withdrawal of consent –an individual may withdraw consent at any time. In the event that you no longer want to receive any marketing material from us, please use the unsubscribe option (which is in all of our marketing emails to you), or contract the Data Protection Officer as set out below.
To exercise such rights (bar withdrawing from marketing emails – as described above) and if you have any questions about how we collect, store and use Personal Information, then please contact us using the details as set out in the “Contact information” section below.
Legal Basis for processing your personal information
We will only process personal Information where we have a lawful reason for doing so. The lawful basis for processing Personal Information by us will be one of the following:
- the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract you are party to or in order to take steps at your request prior to you entering into a contract;
- the processing is necessary in order for us to comply with our legal obligations (such as compliance with anti-money laundering legislation);
- the processing is necessary for the pursuit of our legitimate business interests (including that of the delivery and the promotion of our services)
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this website, including your request to change modify or delete your data, you may contact us at
Data Protection Representative
PFU (EMEA) LIMITED
Hayes Park Central
Hayes End Road
Email: [email protected]
Should you wish to make a complaint to the supervisory authority about how we process your information, please use the below contact details.
Information Commissioner’s Office
Wycliffe House, Water Lane
Tel: 0303 123 1113
Email: [email protected]